Training Services CS3 – Security for Safety (S4S) for Industrial Automation and Control Systems
Learn how to assess security risks challenges and prepare your organization with SGS.
Modern cyber-attacks can only be stopped with modern security measures. This course offers you professional approaches to risk mitigation from the field of IT security in industry. How you can evaluate your current security measures for effectiveness with combined testing. After this course you will know how to identify, evaluate and avoid security risks. In addition to that, you will learn how security risks may affect the safety goals of components used in safety-related applications. This goes hand-in-hand with our ‘Security for Safety’ culture and therefore covers both security and functional safety.
During this training course, we will cover topics including:
- An introduction to Security for Safety (S4S) concepts for industrial automation and control systems
- Extension of existing safety processes (according to IEC 61508) to cover the topic of security (integration of IEC 62443-4-1)
- Combined assessment of safety and security
- Appropriate techniques and measures for risk minimization at product level (IEC 62443-4-2)
- New work products or process steps
- Extension of the IEC 61508 life cycle
After completing this training course, you will have learned an approach to help you assess how great the risks to your systems are, and what documentation to prepare.
This training course is relevant to managers, product managers, technical leads and developers from industry.
Trusted Security for Safety Training from a Leading Course Provider
Our courses are delivered by tutors who are experts in security and functional safety, as well as experienced trainers. Your knowledge and skills will be developed through an interactive and practical approach to learning.
To find out more about our S4S training, contact us today.