Chemical Marine and Ship Vetting Services
Marine and ship vetting services from SGS – ensure that third-party vessels or barges are safe, fit-for-purpose and meet all relevant regulations.
Whether you’re a chartering company, shipping company or a terminal depot, when using third-party vessels or barges you need to manage all safety, quality and environmental risks carefully. You also need to ensure compliance with stringent legislation. We offer a dedicated ship vetting appraisal system to help you manage risks and confirm the compliance of any third-party vessels or barges that you use.
Why choose marine and ship vetting services from SGS?
We provide desk-evaluation of multiple sources for the possible approval or acceptance of third-party vessels or barges.
Our services help you to:
- Ensure the suitability and compliance of all third-party vessels or barges for cargo operations in port and transportation of products
- Gain systematic management of safety and quality risks for third-party vessels or barges
- Outsource your complex vetting issues
- Obtain evaluation performed in compliance with your company policy
- Incorporate professional marine risk management into your quality system
Trusted marine and ship vetting services from a leading provider
Our marine experts evaluate vetting inspections conducted by accredited inspectors, following the EBIS, CDI or OCIMF (SIRE) programs.
Through our scrutiny of the inspection report and research of all relevant resources, we advise you about the condition of the barge or the vessel prior to fixing for charter.
This evaluation is supported by relevant data from port state control, the coast guard, vessel casualty data records, owner/vessel profiles and other sources.
To discuss how our marine and ship vetting service can benefit your organization, contact us today.